View Single Post
      05-04-2015, 12:53 AM   #89
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspo View Post
... I don't understand what the X14271 pin 1 and 2 are/do in the grand scheme of all things E90!!
Connector X14271 connects to the junction box and Pin1 en 2 are sort of the the departure point of the can bus. Canbus carries digitized control and information signals that are not critical for driving itself, but enable all kinds of comfort and infotainment functions. Current vehicle speed, specific to your issue 'Cruise control engaged' are some of the variables that are transmitted throughout the car to all kinds of ECU's at all locations in the car.

the Junctionbox is the place were the all kinds of connections are made and particularly where depending on the power state of the vehicle (for instance 'vehicle closed', 'key in contact' or 'engine running') signals are made active or alternatively are cut off when they are not needed in that state. As an example, power and signal to the rain-sensor in the front window is powered even while vehicle closed, because your can enable the sunroof to close automatically when the vehicle is closed and it starts to rain. The power and signal to the chairs (and its ECU) are cut of when the vehicle is closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspo View Post
... I wonder who in BMW i may contact? anyone any ideas?? ...
I would start at the parts department and or head of vehicle repair department (if needed per appointment through SA) contact at your dealer. If they are not able to help, the national BMW contact. At last they may be able to confirm that CC engaged signal is indeed not available in your car, although this would strike me as odd, and in which case you have every right to be annoyed

btw does your vehicle option list have S540A in it? Iow, is it possible you have an aftermarket cruise control build in?

Last edited by eeghie; 05-04-2015 at 08:05 AM..
Appreciate 0