View Single Post
      05-18-2015, 09:40 AM   #98
bimmer_yu
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 520d + BMW E89 35i

Hm, there are different oppinions if it's ugly but in my oppinion it fits great in F10.

If there would be no cable visible it would be really perfect. Also, as device can operate with half screen closed it can project picture to the windshiled in same manner as real HUD does. But there is no need for that - device is very useful and supplied Garmin app works great for me. Instructions are being sent directly to the car audio through Bluetooth voice channel which means that music is interupted for the spoken instructions and then resumed.

Basically I like this system much more than factory navigation I have in my BMW Z4 35i. I prepare route at home, put iPhone into cradle on dashboard and I am ready to go. I don't need to search for the address in my garage and I have much more time to prepare route at home. It's more convenient. Of course - it's always feels better to have everything built-in from the factory but judgging by how prices of factory installed navgiation systems dropped last years - car producers have hard time to cope with competition of phone navi apps.

Last edited by bimmer_yu; 05-18-2015 at 09:50 AM..
Appreciate 0