Waspo
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: E90 330i M Sport, Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Sorry to hear about your mishap.

For sure you ran a check to solve the display dimming issue. Just asking: did you check all wiring and connections again ?

Also reset your device with a toothpick or paperclip. The reset hole is located on the flat horizontal surface where the screen can be folded into. You'll feel a 'click' when you hit the internal reset button. Needed to do it once after a few hours of driving. Mobile phone WLAN failed to access the head up screen (so only the info on the left was displayed - no navigation). I stopped, did a reset and immediately everything was back to normal again. Was probably just a glitch.

Good luck.
Thanks Artemis, i have tried that and it makes no difference. this just resets the wireless connection to the unit!

You may know about this device as you have a working (Jealous ), so i'll describe it to you. The picture i took earlier on in this thread is with the setting 'All LED's On, and FULL BRIGHTNESS set in manual'.

If you look at the 3 main large Speed numbers you can see in my device some of the LED segments that make up the whole numbers are dimmer than the rest! Some of the other LED symbols are so dim that they are not even showing!!

So when i go to the control App, in this setting and dim the brightness the display does dim right down to a blank screen, so the wireless and app ARE controlling the Heads up display, but as you can see even on full brightness i have to have the Black Rubber back screen on to even see the numbers.

I have checked the wiring and all seems spot on. IMHO, it is defo the Display unit that is faulty.

And this is the crux of my utter Distaste with the Company i bought it from Leebmann24, They will not EVEN HAVE IT BACK TO CHECK!! They flatly and Bluntly are holding up their German hands and saying "Thanks for sending us 324 of your hard earned pounds, but we are NOT INTERESTED if you have a faulty product at all. Go see BMW UK".

So Again i re-iterate, buyers of electrical items from Leebmann24 be aware if they prove to be faulty, even straight out the box dead on arrival, Leebmann24 will NOT TAKE THEM BACK, leaving you to find a solution!!