View Single Post
      06-09-2015, 05:38 PM   #108
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer_yu View Post
Also, as device can operate with half screen closed it can project picture to the windshield in same manner as real HUD does. But there is no need for that - device is very useful and supplied Garmin app works great for me.
Hm, as soon as you fold/incline the screen of this device towards you in a ± 35° angle, the screen cuts out. And that's on purpose: if you want the display to stop (showing info), just turn the screen down - if you fold it upwards again, it resumes after a second or two. So don't count on projecting info on the screen. If you put it at an angle just before the screen cuts out, you may see some info on the windscreen, true, but barely + in mirror writing.

As indicated before: keep a toothpick or needle inside your car somewhere, just in case you need to reset the device. Happened to me once after a drive of a couple of hours: NAV function of the device (right hand side) did not show anymore - mobile phone could not connect to the device anymore. I had no toothpick on board so went 'MacGyver': I removed a staple from a document, clicked the reset button (located inside a tiny hole on the horizontal surface of the device) and the device immediately resumed the way it should.