LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac1980 View Post
Interesting, I didn’t know they only cover wheels if they don’t hold air. I thought they covered 2 instances of curb rash? My concern is it would cost me $2300cdn to put 4 new run flat tires on the car because of the 20” size. If it wasn’t a lease I’d swap out non run flats, but since I have to put run flats on at least on return, my thinking was if I blow 4 tires over 4 years it will be worth it, just thought the price was steep
Yeah only you can determine if the peace of mind holds enough value for you to make it still worth it. Curb Rash here in PA isn't expensive to do ~125/wheel and since it is cosmetic you can do it before to you a lease return if needed. If you have to replace a tire due to a blowout or a bubble the question is how many occurrences would you need to replace for this to be a net gain? Especially since new tires will likely have Road Hazard Protection on them anyway. Additionally, the plans only pay for the damaged tire, but not others. If you have AWD, as I'm sure you will in Canada, then you may be required to either shave the tire or replace other tires at your expense since you need your tires to be within 1 or 2MM of tread on the same axle for AWD (otherwise you'll damage your AWD system).
Appreciate 0