Captain
Poland
Rep
Drives: G30

Garage List
2018 BMW M550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-BMW33 View Post
As Mike said, depends on what you are looking for and what you value. I applaud you for wanting on uniform system from the cats. I was in that camp as well. Chopping out the resonators was not for me. I know no one sees it, but I did not like the idea of chops and welds. Even the best weld job looks like, well, a weld. That said $300 for a resonator delete vs. $5,000 for a catback is tough to swallow.

I went with Dinan over Remus for a few reasons. There is something about having a Dinan modified BMW that was always on my list with my prior cars and it seems to carry a little more weight in the car community. The next reason was the sound. Dinan has a smooth engineered sound. A nice growl with the occasional crackle on downshift. I was very concerned about having that "look at me" and obnoxious to some loud exhaust. Remus is more in that category and FI and Armytrix most definitely are.

Finally, I was more interested in the quad double round 4" tips and the look of it. I am very happy with my Dinan catback. It sounds better with age too.
Well said Joe,
One thing I will say though, Remus brings the V8 to life! That low deep growl is something else. Puts a smile on my face every single time I hear it.
Appreciate 1
Joe-BMW337452.00