View Single Post
      10-11-2018, 10:47 AM   #154
Jayphotoworks
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksoze View Post
Buyers should be aware however, that it currently has a pretty limited set of options for the G30. Alpina display in not one of them.
The latest Bimmercode actually has Alpina for the G30 in basic mode including changing the dash logo from a number of Alpina/BMW models. The Alpina logos look great against the blue background. I coded it yesterday.. I just need a Dinan S1 tune and I'll at least have similar performance as a real Alpina B5 Biturbo.

Some of the options aren't updated on the website, but do show up on the app. The only downside is some of the coding options show "Unknown Value," which means reverting would require a restore from a backup.

I used to code with an ENET cable and a spare laptop loaded with the entire software package and launcher. But that was back in 2014 with my F30 and after coding everything I wanted, I haven't touched it since and don't even remember how to set it all up again. I have to admit Bimmercode is very very easy although limited in scope for the newer cars.
Appreciate 0