View Single Post
      12-31-2009, 07:04 AM   #7
Kyoshi71
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KadeSdad View Post
As some of you know I have been modding quite heavily over the past few months and the x-pipe was always on my tick list of jobs to be done (yes Mikey had it done ) so here is my short review:

E90/E92/E93 X-Pipe 2ndary Catbypass Pipe with Resonators

The build quality of the polished stainless steel pipe is very well made, excellent welding joints, smooth finish and fits perfectly too. A simple bolt on piece of kit that took less then 30 minutes to fit. In the box came two clamps & two sleeves if needed (mine didn’t)

Having spent most of yesterday “playing around” out and about I can already feel the smoothness of the exhaust system now allowing the engine to breath a whole lot better. The throttle is more responsive throughout the rev range, especially between 2,500rpm – 6,000rpm, which is what I wanted from the pipe. Low end torque has improved

My system is hooked up to the Remus Race boxes, I also have the BMC filter. Obviously because of my mods I am now needing a custom remap (flats spots in high revs at present) but even in it’s present state it really is like driving an “all new improved version”, it has simply made the car better. As I have also lowered my car then it all just seems to gel together so much more than before.

I can’t fault Fabspeed at all. Yes they are based in the US but from placing my order to arriving at my door took three days! And the price is a whole lot better than any of the European alternatives that are available over here, and that’s including the shipping!

Their website states on my set up “Fabspeed X-Pipe installed combined with Remus mufflers. Power is up 30HP @2800RPM’s” I may not be getting that at present without the remap but it sure feels like does!

Now for the noise factor!

As we all know the Remus Race is a loud little beast (took me a couple of weeks to get used to it). All reports regarding hooking up an xpipe to anything including stock will make things louder, well this pipe does but in a good way, a very good way.
To me it seems to eliminate some of the ‘drone’ associated with some aftermarket systems, there is still drone there but not as noticeable as before, at idle there is no difference.
Now when you give it some it is outstanding, the acoustics outside & inside the car sound amazing. It is so tight and controlled, the pipe raises the tone of the Remus Race to another level, gone has the low drone base note and in comes this sweet scream, give it high revs and you could be in a single seater strapped to a V8 orchestra, it really is that good.

All in all after one day and about 200 miles of combined urban and rural motoring I can strongly recommended this piece of kit to anyone thinking of going down the x-pipe route, and that’s without the custom remap.

Marc
Great review. Sick setup!
Appreciate 0