Lucky1
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 128i Coupe SGM 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_newbie
I have been a regular daily driver for 20 year. I wonder if the Advanced/Perfection Driver Training that has been offered worth $/time (both are 1 day course, $600 for advanced & $1000 for perfection) to attend? Are they just sale pitching events? Or the training courses offered by the BMW driving clubs are better?
Years ago I took the BMW Advanced course when they were using E46 330i's with the SMG. It showed you the differences between having all the nannies on and off (ABS, DSC, etc) and how to recover from different skids (oversteer and understeer), how to avoid objects (ie pedestrians in the road ) using ABS and non-ABS equipped cars. I learned a lot but I wish it were a lot cheaper.

This is not track school; its practical techniques for driving a rear wheel vehicle with object avoidance and skid recovery. I'd look elsewhere if you know how to correct oversteer / understeer, don't want to pay a lot of money or want to do a high performance driving event (bit a misnomer here). Maybe the next course up would be more advanced but I have a hard time justifying paying more than the entry level (Advanced Driver Training).

I've never been but I think the training you can get from clubs like BMW Trillian Club of Canada sound more interesting for high performance driving events.
Appreciate 0