View Single Post
      11-21-2016, 01:50 PM   #23
Mik3ymomo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 540i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
From what I see, the D800 is still a great body. Are all your lenses top drawer and serving your needs. The EF500mm f/4L IS II gets as much credit as the Mark IV in all the shots above.
That's pretty much all I've done is upgrade my lenses, added niche lighting accessories and most of all worked on learning certain nuances with shooting technique. It's been a very long road over the last decade. I can honestly say that I am learning new things all the time still. There are so many genres in photography and in the past couple years I've really seen the most improvement from just proper planning of my shots.

The simple things now make the biggest differences in my shots. Things like the time of day, the way I choose to use the available light. There is always more to learn. I think the difference between good photographers and great photographers is staying hungry for knowledge. Not listening when people say you are great. Never being satisfied that you are doing it "good enough".

I always come back here because of the dedication I see with a few individuals that frequent this section; including the person doing this review. Thanks for staying the course Dave.
Appreciate 0