View Single Post
      12-02-2016, 12:58 PM   #2
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

I think Rea is a consummate professional. Sykes, in comparison, acts like a petulant child sometimes (...if you watched the 2014/2015 seasons you'll know what I'm referring to). I'm glad Rea defended his title.

The fact that Baz "rode for Baz" isn't a big deal to me. Baz was ahead in Qatar's race #1 and took the position because he deserved it. He had the measure of Sykes in race #2 and pulled over on the last lap to let him have the podium position. If that's not enough for Baz's criticizers, then I don't know what to tell you. He gave up a position to allow Sykes some traction toward the WC. Baz was already given the oust, so why not ride for himself?!?!?! What Rea did was a nod to Kawasaki so they could nab 2nd and the manufacturer's championship as well, but Sykes needed to earn that championship. He wasn't able to pull it off by his own merit, soooooooooooo........that's life. Being "handed" a championship is not the way a sportsMAN wants to win. He would have lost anyway even had Baz opted to give up the 4 points, so it's really a moot argument in favor of Sykes anyway.

Last edited by Sedan_Clan; 12-02-2016 at 01:09 PM..
Appreciate 1
FMLYSDN1181.50