View Single Post
      03-28-2019, 07:54 PM   #29
hlothery
Seeking mental floss
Rep
Drives: 2022 Mercedes EQS 450+

Interestingly, drove to DFW last week to babysit my granddaughter for a week. Hit a pothole on the way. Drove on without any problems. When I got to DFW, noticed a bulge in the right front tire. Went to Discount Tire and they confirmed that the tire should be replaced, but they could not get a Goodyear F1 Performance Run Flat for at least a week. Went to BMW, where I bought the car, and they had 2 of them in stock. They did tell me that it was not critical that I replace it, that some customers had driven for over a year with similar bulges, but I have a trip scheduled to NC from Texas next week, and opted to replace, to the tune of $410. The tires only had 8600 miles on them. I do have a wheel/tire insurance plan, so may be able to recoup the money. When they wear out, I will decide which Michelins I will replace them with. It will either be Michelin PS Run Flats, or PS4S non-run flats. Have not decided which yet, but it appears that if I experience a catastrophic failure on the road, it does not matter which one, or even if I have a temporary spare. I will still be stranded for about a week, unless I pay to overnight a performance tire which fits. Just the price of driving this wonderful machine, and I accept that. It's always an adventure, so enjoy your cars!!!
Appreciate 1
clee1982796.00