Rep
Drives: 2021 g30 540i rwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatinblkF90 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RwdJesus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatinblkF90 View Post
I think I'm going to miss the G30 5 series, it's done perfectly.
Genuinely.

The last gen of chassis, from F80/82, F87, F90, and G30 — some of the most balanced looking, and simultaneously classy and aggressive bimmers yet, probing the best gen since the late 90s chasis imo. Great looking cars.

I'm not a hater of the new gen as much as others are, but they definitely aren't improvements.

Particularly sucks because they may well be the end of the ICE era, on a down note.

Really happy i bought. Will try and keep this G30 LCI in peak condition so its still peak form in a decade.

I, as I imagine many around here, will not go easy into that good night. Genuinely want to stick ICU until it's no longer a viable option. EVs so muted, sterile, and lifeless. Even with performance versions they just dont feel alive.
I agree, love the f90 and will jt be easy for me to transition to worse design+EV from this magnificent combo of ice+design. I think I will hang on until it's not possible or maybe synthetic fuel comes to market to keep ICE alive.
Holding out hope, that maybe we get one final hurrah, and BMW taps back into the more classic styling for their last few years of ICE production.

Hold out for 7 or so years, and maybe they'll give the life long bimmer people what they want for the last gen of ICEs in the late 2020s
Appreciate 1