530iDriver
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belvedere View Post
Hi all
After about two and a half years of owning my G30 I just discovered it has a ventilated glove box. Maybe a lot of you already know this, but I'd thought I'd share this Easter egg since there doesn't appear to be any reference to it in the owner's manual.
There is a little dial on the side of the glove box (mine is RHD and the dial is at the top right of the glove box; I imagine LHD cars will have it on the left, on the side that abuts the centre stack). You turn it to open and close the vent.
If you look at a spare parts diagram for the glove box, you can clearly see a vent hose.
I have the ambient air package, but it would seem that there are 2 separate hoses running into the glove box: one for ambient air and another for ventilation so I imagine every car will have a ventilated glove box regardless of whether or not it has ambient air.
Yes you can safely store a sub and a drink there and keep 'em cold.

I am no stranger to ventilated glove boxes in BMW products. My 2002, 2004, 2005, 2008 and 2013 MINIs all had/have ventilated glove box compartments. Ditto for my ex-2011 E90 328i.

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 0