12-01-2020, 11:35 AM   #13
ejlover06
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep
Drives: 2017 G30 520 1.6lt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
BMW clearly knew about the issue before your warranty expired (I now see from the other forum that you have a shorter warrranty than we do in the USA; it is annoying that we no longer see the car and location by the poster's name). I would argue that they should fix it for free.

But if it only requires the module change, and if they stick with the 70% offer, it should not hurt too much.

Good luck.
The thing is they told me that they asked Germany Headquarters for the procedure and Germany offered 70% discount etc. There is no possibility that BMW AG doesn't know anything about this procedure and this simple solution.. So I guess there is more to it for the constant complete replacement offer of the dealer... I'll tallk with them tomorrow and according to the solution they will offer I will file a complain about BMW Turkey to the BMW AG.

Since warranty ended I accept to pay for the module. It's a reasonable solution for the problem. But replacing the whole headlight is a engineering failure at the design step. I'm just glad that BMW engineers didn't made such a mistake at design.
Appreciate 0