05-07-2018, 12:50 AM   #106
TopgearLA
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Med Blue 530e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW5151 View Post
Many dealers in the US don't want the color and material displays as they want to sell what is in stock. Prefer that customer not order the cars. Seeing color samples might disrupt the sales process. In the US, very few of BMWs customers order custom. Hence, the vehicles on the lots are mostly shades of black, gray, and sometimes white. And 90% of the Interiors are black. BMW NA is forcing them to install the color displays as they remodel, or lose some financial benefits.
I’ve had to order ever bmw as a result. So many of the same cars in my location I need at least something. Of course in the 5 that’s literally one shade of blue. While I really like bluestone, it’s really just gray. I really don’t get the obsession with the only black interiors n what some of these dealers option their cars like. They iverpricevthen with insane safety stuff but the. Take out some of the nicer cosmetic or performance. I’ve seen some 70k base looking 5 series just due to this... cuz apparently everyone needs night vision but not led headlights.
Appreciate 0