CT540xi
Rep
Drives: 540xi

Car wash music on..

Quote:
Originally Posted by magbarn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kDub2019 View Post
I agree this is crazy. I called BMW customer service today and said I can’t figure out how to turn off the car - I have a Masters degree in Computer Science!! I keep it in my garage and I don’t lock the car. After being on hold for a few minutes she told me to press the radio power button until it turns off (radio button also turns off the digital dash). Great!!

So tonight I tried it and the radio turned off but the angle lights stayed on...not just to light the path for a few minutes but stuck on. Last few mornings they stayed on overnight. Yes my lights are set to auto. I played with turning the lights off but did the same thing. It also keeps the ambient lighting on inside and random orange buttons. I don’t think it’s a feature.

I will try the seatbelt trick next but I don’t remember my 2004 530i doing this and my eClass I had for 7 years never had a problem turning off. In fact this is the only car I have ever owned or rented that won’t turn off. I also bought a 530e and it did the same thing. I returned the 530e because the battery only lasted 30 minutes in gas battery mode. It only lasts 15 minutes in battery mode.

2 years and 11 months and back to Mercedes.

If you click the option button next to the idrive wheel while the idrive is in the main menu, you'll see the option "Power Off Car". Works for me if I unbuckle belt before turning off the car...
I wanted the car to play pandora from a cell phone when I was washing the car in a manual car wash, with the car off and doors shut.

Here's what I found is the simplest method.

1. Pull in and tune the car off.
2. Then turn the radio back on.
3. Now keep the key fob in the car and crank pandora up.

The music will stay on even after the door shuts.
Appreciate 0