View Single Post
      04-05-2018, 06:05 PM   #8
Tyrop
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i X-Drive

Does anyone know if the rear heated seats can be added after delivery? Trevster's post (second post in this thread) sounds like he took delivery and upgraded for $400.

I am in the US. I had ordered a 540i xdrive from my dealer and we built the car using the online configurator. I looked at every option. There was no option for rear heated seats, and the cold weather package is no longer available. I chose the premium package (which has front heated seats). I took delivery 2 weeks ago. Then, after seeing this thread, I learned how to "unlock" the option for rear heated seats. I was very disappointed to learn that I could have ordered rear heated seats, but due to the glitch on the BMW website, I was not given the opportunity. The punch line is that it would actually have been $150 cheaper to have heated seats all around instead of just in the front.

I made a complaint to BMW USA but they told me that they just noted it internally and were not going to do anything about it.

Bottom line is that I would like to add it. My dealer says it cannot be retrofitted. But it looks like Trevster did it. Maybe the rear seats are already pre-wired, and all I need is a switch and proper coding. Does anyone if it can be done? BMW USA is no help in answering this question. They told me to ask my dealer.
Appreciate 0