View Single Post
      11-01-2018, 05:01 PM   #47
Robotechnology
RDF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80/JCW Clubman/Z4MC/STI

IK6SPEED I don’t appreciate the negative connotation of your believing a dealer remark. I don’t post here to sell anything. I love M cars and because of that I read and participate on bimmerpost. Since you obviously like spending time trying to prove you are right, look up this VIN:

NU00191

You’ll find that it’s a 2016 3-Series enrolled into the CPO program on 10/08/18 with 50,746 miles and... low and behold... CPO expiration is 8/1/21 or 999,999 miles (whichever comes first) which just so happens to be 5 years from in service date. It is not, 10/8/19 which is 1 year from when BMW NA knew the new vehicle warranty ended.

You can also check:

NS16463. New vehicle warranty is expired and yet CPO (which was enrolled after 50k miles) expires 6/2/20. Why? 5 years from in service date.

I won’t invest more time on this except to say, there are another 100 or so VIN’s for vehicles across the country you can find that were enrolled in CPO after their new vehicle warranty expired by mileage (Expired by time is a different set of rules). ONE HUNDRED PERCENT of those that have CPO warranties placed after 50k mile mark (and are not expired by time), expire 5 years from the date the vehicle was originally placed in service.

And EXCUSE ME for the model name typo. I am more well versed than most managers with respect to product information because I LOVE cars and not because I work in the auto industry. I don’t pretend to know everything but, I know a lot (and for the record, yes I did learn there was only one chassis size for the US market 7 back in 2015).
Appreciate 2
DanG10662.00
pz6193278.50