View Single Post
      08-28-2015, 09:01 PM   #46
Biorin
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: to get cheeseburgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
As stated by someone whose wife is an HR person, HR's job isn't to be a playground moderator. I think we all should be grown up enough to at least extend the courtesy to someone to let them know if their behavior or something they said was out of line. People are so quick to run around and report people these days.
+1. I think it's very easy for things to get blown out of proportion by elevating it to a third party, rather than just saying directly how you feel. Yes, some people are idiots. Do you necessarily deserve to lose your job and have a permanent mark on your record because of being an idiot? I generally don't think so.

Additionally, I'm Asian myself, and I think it's up to you to determine how you let someone else make you feel. Should you be forced to listen to these comments day in and day out? No, you should ask them to stop. But I don't think that you should allow someone's moronic sense of humor to make you feel bullied. Those people aren't worth the energy it takes to focus on it and be bothered by it. Just my two cents.
Appreciate 1