Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynolds230 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3nt4l View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by majedmiah View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
Just for the record, any vehicle with CarPlay from the factory comes with the antenna. You really need to have it.
I've purchased an antenna, if I were to plug it in behind the HU, will it work straight away or will it require additional coding?.
Plug and play. Does not require additional coding
I also want to install a wireless antenna on the head unit. Where can I find the explanations on how to access the unit and what to dismantle? Is anybody aware of a video posted for that? Thanks
What vehicle do you have?
2018 530e
Remove passenger side cover where the airbag switch is) one screw which needs to be removed.

Then using a pry tool the trim panel (air vents and start stop button) will just pull out. I clip the wiring harnesses and put the trim panel to one side.

There will be two screws holding the climate control in remove them and then pry the unit from the bottom and it will pop out. I clip the wiring harness and put it to one side.

Then another two screws for the headunit itself. Unscrew then and pull the headunit forward. Plug in the WiFi Antenna in the WLAN port. Fix the antenna somewhere out the way.

Follow everything in reverse and it should be sorted.

The screws that are removed are TORX 20 or 25 I believe.

Any questions get in touch
Thank you very much. Appreciate.
Appreciate 0