LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wivenhoe View Post
I think the LCI will have the full version the same as the new G20. The dealer tells me BMW are regretting partially implementing iDrive 7.0 into the G30 as buyers are disappointed having seen all the marketing hype of the full version and also as with my car, it can create software problems as the technology isn’t as it should be.

My real complaint is that they haven’t made the options the same either. The G20 has Drive Assist Professional rather than Advanced and reverse assistant isn’t available on the G30 but is on the G20 - although the option prices are less on the G20 ! Professional has the camera in the dash so in stop go traffic the car will take off even if you are stopped for a long time, as long as you are looking ahead. In Advanced the car won’t take off if you stop for more than a few seconds.
Yeah I have a G30 w/ ID7 (530e) and it feels a bit in the middle for sure. But I'm not bothered by its limitations so far. As even the full ID7 has its warts as well.

The 3 series forum is full of quirks for it and they still aren't yet getting over the air updates. Not to mention the issues they may bring along as all of this seems a bit "beta" for BMW. We'll see if I change my tune as the cake bakes a bit more though.

I'm also happy some stuff is missing from the current version of the ID7 "lite" implementation on the G30. For instance, the G30 w/ ID7 still requires you to hold the parking assistance button when automatic parking is active. Full ID7 cars don't require this and it does help a bit knowing I just have to lift my hand to stop the car in its tracks!

I'd say the only feature I'd like to have from the LCI, but can't is laser lights.

In regards to option pricing I don't think option pricing is driven by costs. They are IMHO used to stabilize the price of the car so BMW plays around with pricing and what's in various packages to stay competitive in their segment as well as stabilize pricing a bit. Pricing for the 5 series is probably under a lot more pressure than pricing on a 3 series (meaning people likely negotiate pricing down more on a 5 than a 3 and BMW doesn't want to sell cars at a loss!).
Appreciate 0