03-31-2009, 10:07 AM   #12
cadeucsb
Captain
Rep
Drives: TiAg 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomiK View Post
So I have quite a horror story for you.

In that little storm we had yesterday, I thought that there was only going to be .5 to 1 inch of snow on the ground, as that was what the weather people said on the news. With that said, I decided that I can drive the 135 for the day. Little did I know, the snow got to 2 or 3 inches up in north Denver. Also, I should mention that I am on the RE050s. It was quite an experience driving in that. The back wheels spun at every stoplight, regardless of how little throttle I applied. Additionally, when going up a small hill, the back end of the car would slide out a little. The bad thing is that it did this constantly. Turning was okay, as long as you took it slow. I ended up driving home and taking the 4Runner.

So the lessons here are:
1) If you don't have snow tires on your 135 when it is snowing, keep it in the garage.
2) Don't listen to Colorado weathermen/women.
Yea, I meant to post and ask how you 135 owners fared in that storm. Reminded me how much I love my AWD suv with A/T knobby tires for those few days. Which station said 1-2", I had heard 8-15" prior to it coming in.
Appreciate 0