View Single Post
      12-23-2010, 02:39 AM   #7
7erMOB
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F02 740LI

Hi Guys

Just want to input my 2 cents........ Driving family 740LI with NAV.

NAV is not standard on all 7er, only 760. BMWHK just offers the pkg with different 740-750 ie. 740 base no NAV $1.19 mill, 740 with NAV $1.39mill and etc for 750.... which also includes different co called packages....

IMO: Get it!

GOOD:
-Bigger property area-large screen feels much better. Just like owning properties in HK, the bigger the better.
-95% accurate map, works prefect in central, Happy Valley was another story no idea why....
-Good for finding desire locations ie. gas stations in NT or HK island area.
-Detail map, road signs accuracy
-I use POI and pin point where I want to go in iDrive only. Pin pointing seems much easier then entering address, as translating to ENG is difficult.
-Wont regret it for the bigger screen alone, sorry for repeat lol

BAD:
-Poor voice guidance, (BARELY hear it, so doesn't affect ur passengers)
-$ for just a NAV, w/ money to burn is cool, 30K is F@$%.....
-Hard to update the map
-Bad searching for location in address just translation part on roads from Chinese to Eng if you dont know whats the name
-POI (point of interest) not enough, only with large shopping malls etc. But acceptable for HK and for me. Helped me go to "Shum Shu Po" Golden Center with no problem. as the info is in POI.
-cheap $ for upgrading it to NAV at local shops but not the map from BMW and may damage ur car internal wires etc.... and smaller screen.....

Like I said my 2 cents...... Good luck!