View Single Post
      01-20-2023, 09:54 AM   #1
RoyB
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i x

Thoughts on waiting for an M550?

**Edit Ended up ordering the car and it's already here! **

Looking for some opinions on what to do here.

My M340 lease doesn't expire until October 1. I've been really thinking of getting into an M550, but it seems they are going the way of the dodo bird.

Can these still be ordered in the US? If so, is it too soon to order when my lease doesn't expire until October?

If I can't order, I assume my only option is to buy off the lot then? I saw there was a price increase Jan 1, so some of the cars on the lots currently (not many) have the lower MSRP price. Should I just be patient over the next couple of months to see if one pops up with the specs I want.

Below is a list of my Needs/Wants. How likely is it to find one of this spec sitting on the lot in the next couple of months?
  • DGM paint, Possibly SGM but I would need to see in person first.
  • Black Nappa Leather
  • DAP
  • PAP
  • Executive Package
  • Heated Seats/Wheel (pretty standard in Chicago)

The rest of the options I could take or leave. I don't care for the 50th emblem or the black trim, but it's not a deal breaker. It seems most stock orders include this.

Does the M550 have adaptive suspension stock? It appears the base M550 has some type of adaptive suspension per their website. Not sure what the adaptive pro changes. My M340 didn't come with any adaptive suspension and it beats you up a little. At the time I could choose between DAP and Adaptive suspension and DAP was way more important to me.

Last bit is leases. I emailed my salesman about leases on a couple different models and the pricing came back stupid high. I realize that I need to sit down and go over numbers, but are residuals that bad and rates really that high compared to a couple years ago?

Last edited by RoyB; 04-06-2023 at 08:22 AM..
Appreciate 0