View Single Post
      02-24-2020, 01:42 PM   #21
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

I feel like people are answering two different questions here. The first one being ‘what’s a good place/alternative place to go on honeymoon’. And the second one being ‘is it worth it to spend a significant amount of my precious vacation time and sanity on 20+ hour trips’.

I’ll refrain from jumping in on the first one because there are probably as many opinions as there are destinations on that one.

On the second, I’ll say that airlines and their ilk have certainly made it suck worse than the past, and with every year it seems to get worse. I think the only people who are willing to overlook the pain of these trips are 1.) going to a place they’ve always dreamed of going and will bear the pain to have their dream realized, or 2.) people who have had the travel bug all their lives and will tolerate suckitude as a cost of their hobby, the same way a car guy will tolerate stiff suspension and catless exhaust fumes.

Since you’re asking the question, I’m guessing you guys aren’t 2.

So are any of your options someplace you have always dreamed of going, or is it just someplace that you’ve heard is nice to go? The more emotionally invested you are in your destination, the more suck you’ll be willing to tolerate, i think
Appreciate 0