View Single Post
      03-01-2017, 03:12 AM   #58
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeEl View Post
Could you please confirm? Just from the various posts, it doesn't sound there is a big difference between DDC and no-DDC?
From my perspective it is how we define comfort. Just a softer ride and possibly more bounce, or decent ride quality without a sloppy chassis. More a "soft where possible, firm where necessary" ride comfort.

The whole idea of DDC and continuously variable damping, is to give the best compromise of comfort and a controlled chassis. For me that gives greater comfort.

In the G30, we are not going to know how the passive and DDC compare, unless we 'back to back' test (with the same wheels).

With the F10 we have three base settings with VDC/DDC, the middle setting being more like the standard passive setup, best matched to the spring rate, but a more refined ride than passive. Comfort+ being even softer.

With just the two base settings in the G30, I'm minded that the Comfort setting will be softer riding than the passive suspension. Simply due to Comfort and Sport modes being a compromise around the spring rate.

A test drive is the only way to really gauge the true differences.
Appreciate 0