12-21-2019, 06:51 PM   #10
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muslenutz View Post
I was under the impression that X drive was going to act like a 4wd vehicle. ...
Nope...AWD isn't going to act like a 4WD vehicle which has a locking differential.

Quote:
... I was expecting a better experience of sticking to the road. It is not the case.
Nope...you're not going to "stick" to the road using all season tires when the temps drop below 45° F...regardless if there's snow on the ground or not.

Quote:
I don't do dedicated. It doesn't snow enough for me in CT to do that. Regardless the x drive is weak.
Again, dedicated winter tires performance is superior to all season tires not only in snow...but when temps drop below 45°F...and I assume that ambient temps in Connecticut fall consistently below 45°F for many days during winter.

I will agree to disagree with you that xDrive is "weak"...it performs excellent for me in the Great Lakes region especially when equipped with the proper tires for the season.

Sorry that you're not getting the performance you expected.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0