04-20-2023, 11:36 AM   #2704
uniqueMR
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTPJ View Post
uniqueMR Congratulations on the GT3 RS.
Thank you I have been buying GT for some years now and due to relationship (with the owner) I was able to get 2024 GT3RS (its my 4th GT). I will be trading in my current 992 GT3. Paying over msrp NO WAY. Relationship matters, even with Pateks

"buying a car and not driving it is like being married to a supermodel and not sleeping with her so you can save her for the next guy".
hahahahahahha. You said it perfect.
I meant collect it plus enjoy the hell out of it. I do not park either.

I'm definitely a fan of Porsches, especially their race cars. For endurance racing, you can't beat them (pun intended). I have owned and/or raced everything from 356's to 962's. Likewise, I'm a big BMW and Mercedes and have all three marques in my collection.
Indeed, I loved Ms and AMGs. My favorite is E46 M3 coupe, wish I could kept it. I had so much fun and that car was addictive

As for watches, I'm a collector of Pateks, Rolexes, and Heuers. My favorites, however are the Pateks. I love their craftsmanship, not only of their watches but their jewelry as well. I really like the 3729 as you don't see them everyday. Just like the Heuer Camaro, hey are really a throughback to 70's. (I was around back then). I actually got my first Rolex in 1979 (the same year I purchased my first BMW) a SS GMT-Master 1675 which my wife still wears on a weekly basis.

Wow. Rolex back then were in different league. Best part you could buy them and enjoy it without any fear. Heuer was great, I love vintage Heuer before TAG and now owned by LVMH. In watch world I believe being independent is essential.

Are you collecting any new Pateks, Rolex, etc.? Its different league as well especially after 2017ish. Thanks God relationships with right ADs paid off. Otherwise I could have been sitting aside in watch mania
Appreciate 0