First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-BMW33 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sxs1687 View Post
$12k? What have you done to this car?

So I did some internet searching. Apparently BMW switched over to red turn signals because they look "sportier" than amber turn signals... Red signals are illegal in Europe but many, if not most American cars use red rear signals. Amber signals are not illegal here. Most Japanese cars still use amber for their rear signals. The reason many of the newer BMWs, Audis and MBs use the brake light doubling as a turn signal is because these Germans have apparently been designing their turn signals as skinny LED strips, such as the 5
G30 LCI tails and they are apparently too small per DOT regulations here in the US. Instead of designing an entirely new taillight, they just double the brake light as a rear turn signal. US DOT not only has height regulations for turn signals but width as well (newer MB sedans fall short in width) AND the US does not allow animated rear signals, only on the front (Audi has to use the animated signal in congunction with the brake light to be legal here). Even some Lexus models have animated front and rear signals (RX350/450) that are reprogrammed to just blink solid for the US...learned this off my wife's car.
A lot! I am feeling too guilty to list. I am including my Dinan exhaust that is on order in that which is $4,000 grand, Dinan Springs $$1,800, LCI $1,400, Spacers $500, touch climate control panel $300, Dinan Tune $2,000. I think I am close to $11,000, miscellaneous M-Performance Mats, Diffuser, BMW OEM Puddle light Projectors, spacers.......

The irony is I am looking at a 2020 M5C this weekend. Most of my $12,000 is transferable or easily sell-able. The Dinan Exhaust and Springs have not shipped, so they are cancel-able off the $12,000.

BUT, the LCI's are moving over day of delivery if it works out. 50/50 in reality of it working out, but I know myself, casual looking turns into deposit quickly.

I know the Euro LCI's are not kosher in the US, that's my point. Thin blinker, amber blinker....they are not approved.
Following specifically to see if you get the M5C!! 2020 as well.

Best friend has one and it's always a joy to drive when he lets me!
Appreciate 0