View Single Post
      03-10-2020, 03:22 AM   #1
ejlover06
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep
Drives: 2017 G30 520 1.6lt

Question Activating SLI related ISA, EDP and VZA Functions

My G30 (ECE) has 5AS so it has KAFAS4, Dynamic Cruise Control (DCC)(no front radar) and we've retrofitted SLI&NPI and they work without any problems. But there are 3 more features that comes with (depends upon) SLI actually:

ISA: updates the adjusted speed of cruise control according to speed signs read by SLI.
EDP: updates the adjusted speed of speed limiter according to speed signs read by SLI.
VZA (VORAUSSCHAU): warns the driver of an approaching speed limit change along the road to let the gas pedal off. So when the car arrives to the place where the speed limit decreased cars speed will be equal to that limit automatically by deceleration (so you won't use breaks and spend unnecessary gas).
Additional Sign:Which signs it refers I don't know but KOMBI should display the upcoming signs (in white color) probably as the part of VZA. Also some cars show stop signs and so on. This also doesn't work at my G30

My car came with 8TD, so to make SLI work it has been removed and I had to modify COUNTRY_SLINPI_MODE in KAFAS because it remained at (---) icon. After that SLI and NPI works flawlessly

Even ISA, EDP, VZA related codes seems active on all modules they don't work. So I've generated CAFD files by using Coding Verification by changing my cars VO list (removed 5AS and added 5AT). I've compared all 32 files and found about 90 parameter changes.

I've modified ISA, EDP and VZA related ones and I have a "Speed Limit Assistance" Menu added to iDrive settings under vehicle settings as seen below:

Last sentence means: "It's only available as a restricted feature in this country". After that casual "Limit" function (which limits your max speed to set value) changed into "Limit Assist" (which asks to update your currently set max speed limit automatically to actual limit on the road +- a buffer value you've selected on the idrive menu). It can be seen below:

Problem is Cruise Control icon didn't changed into "Assist + cruise logo" and it doesn't asks to set limit according to SLI
No matter which parameters I've changed I couldn't make it work. I've tried every parameter from 5AT option (except iBrake and ACC related ones) but it never activated.

I even activated ISA related parameters (which 5AT even left inactive) no change.. Also ISA doesn't seem to be supported by G30 according to E-Sys as seen below but I've also set these to activce:

I also changed land restriction parameters into these since their current values doesn't work (which are same for Germany cars):
DSC: C_EDP_Land_aktiv Werte=FF, FF, FF, FF
DSC: C_vSLI_Land_aktiv Werte=FF, FF, FF, FF
DSC: C_SWA_Land_aktiv Werte=FF, FF, FF, FF
SAS: C_vSLI_Land_aktiv Werte=FF, FF, FF, FF
SAS: C_EDP_Land_aktiv Werte=FF, FF, FF, FF
SAS: C_EDP_Vorausschau_aktiv Werte=FF, FF, FF, FF
SAS: C_EDP_SLI_aktiv Werte=FF, FF, FF, FF

also added Germany car options via FDL coding such as:
DSC: C_VFA_Funktion
SAS10: C_SWA_Vorhanden
KAFAS: VFW_AVAILABLE
KAFAS: WWA_ENABLE
BDC_BODY2: VCM_COUNTRY (mine was ECE)
KOMBI: LAENDERAUSFUEHRUNG (mine was Sonstige)
RS: C_SWW_Enable_LaneWidthAdjustmentByKAFAS

yet nothing (still says function is limited only in my country).

To conclude Limit Assistant has been activated, but cruise control speed "assistant mode" to update CC speed doesn't.

Also I've never seen upcoming speed sign icon (white color next to current speed limit in the KOMBI) and anything related with VZA (gas icon, arrows etc.)

So I'm about to abandon this project. But I know it must work. I think car sees that it's currently located in Turkey and deactivates Cruise Control Assist. Because I'm sure that I've activated all the parameters required for this function. So I have to find a code to lift restrictions for countries like the COUNTRY_SLINPI_MODE for the SLI activation.

I'd appreciate any suggestions
Attached Images

Last edited by ejlover06; 03-10-2020 at 04:08 AM..
Appreciate 0