View Single Post
      08-21-2018, 09:23 AM   #1
530iDriver
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Sunroof, not a popular option in Northern Europe?

Last week I was traveling around Scandinavia and definitely BMW, Mercedes and Audi's are strongholds in their roads. One thing I did notice is that most new high end cars, including BMWs, have no sunroofs. I understand the year round climate may not be conducive to using them, but I found that quite interesting. Here in the US most people would not purchase a German car in the absence of a sunroof.

Sunroofs generally add weight in the worst area of the car, are leak problem when the car is old and generally is a cost added option in most world markets (Sunroofs are standard equipment in US market G30 5-Series sedans).

Question to our friends over the pond, are sunroofs available in your markets or people just don't care about having them at all.

In Helsinki, the only car I saw with a sunroof was an older Porsche 911.

Speaking of Porsche's, they are not a common sight in European streets and even in Germany just don't see that many of them to begin with.

Is the sunroof an accessory mostly aimed at North American clientele?

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 0