View Single Post
      08-22-2018, 02:55 PM   #18
roadske
Rep
Drives: BMW 5 series 2017

Haha HansC. It really is something to cry about, when thinking about prices I other countries. Base price for a 530d is more than base price of an M5 in the US 😂😂😂😂. If you add extras it gets even worse.

And to you 530Driver - it is indeed a big investment to purchase a luxury car of that caliber in Denmark. Most lease, or buy used cars or purchase them as a company car.

Until the emergence of cheap micro cars like VW UP(cheap=15k USD&#129315, the danish car park was one of the oldest in Europe. That’s also why cars - especially premium- easily are kept 6 years or more. They keep their value quite well into 8+years or more, and to be honest, an 8 year old 5 series if taken care of is a fine car. We also typically drive less miles, as distances are smaller. I think the average is about 15.000 miles a year? I myself run around 10-12k miles a year driving to work on a daily basis.

Having a car is a luxury item in Denmark - maybe less so with micro cars - but many live without. Public transportation and bicycles are popular.

Why did I buy such an expensive car? Well - it was my dream car since I was a child when my dads engineering buddy had a BMW 5 series. - and I had the finances for it - so why wait until retirement as so many do? .
Appreciate 0