07-13-2010, 12:18 PM   #12
LiM3y
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by linsm3 View Post
OMG that is what I fear the most but will probably stay on the side of caution, at least to begin with. Thanks for all the help, I have a lot of information to go through.
Don't worry about the photo...he's just trying to scare you. If you are uncomfortable - flush the brakes with new fluid - Ate Blue or Gold will be more than adequate for a novice, expecially with a BBK. If you listen and react to the coaching and you will end up no where near this - and resist the temptation to lift if you get scared...at this stage the car can handle more than you!

One tip I would give - if it is a random choice of instructors, choose a 'more experienced', i.e. a crusty old, instructor. The depth and quality of knowledge will be consistent across the instructor group, but the more experienced instructor will have more coaching experience and will adjust his style quicker according to the experience, personality and approach of your driving. They keep asking the good ones back! This make for higher quality experience for you and a faster learning curve. If you don't get along with your instructor - you have to trust them - ask for a switch between sessions by seeing the senior instructor (the one doing the driver's meeting). He should sort it out for you

Relax, enjoy and drink lots of fluids!

Last edited by LiM3y; 07-13-2010 at 12:54 PM..
Appreciate 0