View Single Post
      10-29-2020, 12:51 PM   #33
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 C2, GTI, Z4 3.0si Racecar

I recently purchased a 2017 911 (991.2).

When I was doing research, I contemplated getting an NA 991, but was immediately looking how to get more power (RR Racing makes a supercharger for $13K+ installation).
So, knowing that, I just added the price of the supercharger to the base of the car and went with a newer car that can easily be tuned to about 500Hp.
I just installed the Soul headers and sport cats. The car sounds VERY good with the stock sport muffler. To me, it sounds like an old air cooled car since there is a restriction in the exhaust with the turbos.
As others have said, if you get bored, you can go crazy and do hybrid turbos, IC and tuning to get well over 650rwhp. Tyler from APR has this setup on his PDK car and it runs 9.9 seconds in the quarter mile!

There is nothing boring about this car. It cruises nicely when I want it to and is a complete hoonigan when I want it to be. It's the best of both worlds. The chassis is so stiff and feels really progressive. My car is manual as well. I have narrow feet, so Rennline pedals were installed the day after I got it, plus I have a Numeric shifter/cables, which takes the driving experience to the next level as far as I'm concerned (like your CAI shifter).

I know that some of us on here are looking at '15 or '16 GTS cars to get the NA engine. Look around, you might be able to get into an early 991 GT3 for a similar price. They're coming in around $100K now.

If you do go look at/drive a GT350, I'd suggest a 2019 or 2020 when the did the redesign on the suspension. It's supposed to be a game changer for the car.

All this being said, I just think you're in a funk. You've had the car for a while and have it heavily modded (any stock car to you will probably be boring at this time). I say, get out and drive and enjoy your car. I know it's hard to do and can see where you're coming from. I too had a heavily modified 330 that I just grew tired of (owned it for 9 years). The second I got its replacement (GTI), the modding started all over again.
Appreciate 0