View Single Post
      05-11-2020, 10:22 PM   #63
KevinGS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Past 2015 M4, Current 2013 M3

I have a full Akra exhaust and a custom midpipe, and my E93 burbles deeply in 2nd and 3rd gear when slowing in lower RPMs, and I love it.

I don't mind the burbling, it's all the incessant loud pops and backfires that get on my nerves. So for this reason the AMG burbles don't really bother me, it's more the ready-made tunes that enable the pops and backfires within so many 4- and 6-cylinder exhaust systems that grate on my nerves. And I don't even like it in the late model F8Xs either. Just not my cup of tea, and it's enough where this alone would derail me from a purchase. I had a '15 M4 with a full Active Auto exhaust and a tune. But not a burble tune. It still sounded like a vacuum cleaner to me unless I was on a track really pushing it, but at least it was burble-less. Thank goodness the early F8Xs didn't have all the toneless burbles and pops from the factory.

But I know I'm being a bit of a hypocrite since I love my S65 burbles ...but it's intermittent and they're not obnoxiously loud, it just adds a little character to the exhaust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moflow View Post
Am I embarassed by them? Yes. They're silly and loud and obnoxious.

Do I like them?

...yeah. Yeah i kind of like them.

Look, it's not my fault. I'm a child of the 90's and you know what was cool in the 90's? WRC rally cars. That's all "burbles" are. An attempt to copy the awesome anti-lag sounds of late 90's and early 2000's rally cars.

And rally cars will always be the coolest.

Indeed, rally cars and drivers are the coolest, so the pops fit in just fine on the rally course....but not when you're pulling into the mall parking garage driving people crazy.

And let me just add that rally spectators are living as dangerously as many of the drivers, because they're standing mere feet from where these cars go zooming by, so if/when any of these vehicles lose control, spectators could be seriously injured.

And nighttime rallies, WITH SPECTATORS, that's just bananas. Both drivers and spectators living on the edge.

Last edited by KevinGS; 05-12-2020 at 09:16 AM..
Appreciate 0