View Single Post
      02-23-2011, 05:44 PM   #213
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

Ok so I finally got dyno proof that my car is indeed running much much better since removing that stupid clogged cat.

cp-e in Beltsville has an amazing facility full of top notch robotic machinery and rapid prototype machines to churn out top notch parts for BMW's, Mazda's, and others.

They also have a $100k Mustang dyno with the most ridiculous fan setup ive ever seen.......video's and photos cant do these fans justic. They deliver honest 65mph winds with extremely similar volume of air to the open road.

Photos from yesterday evening

Finally strapped down, an process that took almost an hour and a half. Reason for that is at the bottom of this post.

Time for action

================================================== ====================================

Here is my low boost dyno from before at MaxPsi.

and from today

this is on cpe's awesome Mustang Dyno, I have some great pics of their facility but cant get my 16gig sd card to read on my gf's older laptop

for reference, a stock 335 will dyno around 220-230 whp from what I was told. Typical dynojet for the same car will be 270-280whp.

dyno operator was very impressed w the power on low boost on this dyno.

car was at 347whp on low boost. For reference a modded GTR hit 382awhp on the same dyno. I believe the car has ~400whp on higher boost on this dyno in it with the current setup. Not sure what that will mean on a dynojet. It will be quick though, only weight 3195lbs w a 3/4 tank of gas.

please note runs were done til he hit the rev limiter......rpm scaling was off.

and video of the run

and higher boost

before at MaxPsi.......a terrible looking dyno chart even after NIckG pulled out all the timing in the trouble zone.

and today. Dips up top and then follows the low boost graph. Dyno operator who is also a tuner for cpe said it looks like timing is heavily reduced up top even before I told him NickG did that. Hope thats the case and all power will be back once ECU is reflashed w a standard map.

so much better than before. Need to play with boost controller to keep boost up in higher rpms....dropping almost 1.5psi throughout the rev band. the 35r at this psi should have NO problems with keeping boost steady or even slightly growing to redline.

low and high on same graph

video of high boost

all in all a good dyno evening though we did snap my vband clamp off the mid pipe getting it on the dyno.....a new clamp and 2x4's solved that issue lol.

car sounded mean as hell with an open exhaust though.

Will pull the ECU and send to NickG tomorrow

Last edited by Sniz; 02-23-2011 at 05:52 PM..
Appreciate 0