Thread: STOLEN Kies F80
View Single Post
      01-24-2024, 11:49 AM   #37
WilcoJunoHotel
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 M240i RWD

In the past, I have accepted cashier's checks and had no problems. However, for the past few vehicle sales I have insisted on wire transfer because of horror stories like these. Yes, the buyer thinks I am being a PITA and yes it does delay the sale by a few hours but it is the best way. If the buyer is getting a loan for the vehicle, they can get the check made out to them, deposit it their bank and then wire transfer the funds to your bank. Only takes a few hours and since most of us have instant online access to your bank accounts nowadays, you know right away when the money is deposited.

These scammers are very brazen. I once had a guy mail me a fraudulent check for a motorcycle thereby committing mail fraud. I realized he was trying to scam me so I never finished the deal. I even had his phone number and I reported him to the FBI but I never heard from them - they likely won't do anything unless someone is actually harmed. The scammer probably went on to scam someone else - it is what they do.
Appreciate 0