Gac101177
M4-SAHD
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000cs
Beginner, first time on the track? Then you shouldn't need tires or brakes unless yours are already worn. Maybe after, but I doubt it.

Pre-track safety check should include brake and other fluids, pad thickness.

Empty car of EVERYTHING loose.

Take a good torque wrench with extension and socket.
Take a good quality air pressure (tire) gauge
Take sun protection, drinking water, snacks
If you plan to track more, take a note book. Make track notes, they will help in the future.

At the track you will find a paddock parking spot, and you can leave your cooler, misc stuff laying there. Most track events are pretty solid, but I'd put the tools out of sight just in case.

Most important is leave your ego behind and LISTEN to your instructors. Learn and have fun; it is a blast!

Some people like to put painters tape over exposed areas and glass (lights) because of the junk that gets kicked up. I never did, but you will see that. If you are into your paint finish, it is a good idea to tape up a bit. But don't be a dork about it.
Thanks no tape for me I'll call them scars from the track. My instructor its a good friend and experience driver with the PCA club I'm sure he has everything cover he told me just bring the car and he will take care of the rest.
Appreciate 0