View Single Post
      01-22-2009, 09:07 PM   #1
Broon
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 Monaco Blue BMW 330i

E90 radio stuck on from different speaker

Okay, I have a very weird thing happening right now. My 2006 330i was great on the way to work. I come out to go home and the radio is playing when I insert the key. I think nothing of it and start the car.

I then notice the audio is thin and in mono coming from the dashboard area where I usually hear phone and voice prompt audio. I look and the radio is off! I turn it on and I hear the correct audio with bas and stereo imaging, but the thin sound of tha radio goes on.

It is the same station. So I turn off the radio-proper. I still hear it from this little speaker. I try to chage a radio station while I have the normal audio turned off, and the station changes in the little speaker.

Also, there is no way to change the volume. Its as if the radio is being fed into this other speaker seperately from the regular audio system. And there is no way to shut it off. I tried shuttiong off and restarting the car, removing the key, on and on. it is out there right now still playing.

What's the deal? Is this an I-Bus problem or whatever they are calling these days?

This is bizarre and it is a first for me. I even tried hitting the reset command in the audio settings. No change at all. And as I said before, the proper OFF setting is in effect during all this. The little speaker icon in the I-Drive screen shows it as being shut off. So this is the radio outputting itself to a different speaker through a different cable, because when the feed to the normal amps and speakers is off, its still goin'.

Any ideas?

Thanks very much!

Best regards,

JK
Appreciate 0