View Single Post
      03-05-2023, 04:37 PM   #639
G80indy
Save the Manuals
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z3, E46, G80

Maybe because a d-bag like him thinks about those things - haha (and gross)

and it’s a reminder that forums bring out the worst 👎🏻
…….

Back to the program
Honda and Toyota, for example, are conservative companies, not projecting their near-futures on EV. And proceeding carefully with long term plans I think. Smart, respected Japanese companies. GM and Ford, for example, seem to thrive on bold, throw-down statements and plans. We’ll see how that plays out for them, right?

I’ll give Elon credit. He pushes the so-called standards. But autos are (or used to be) emotional (and expensive) purchases. When you calculate the dollars involved for car purchases over a career for example it’s greater than what you might admit, or put into your house even, perhaps. Or at least close. Which by most financial advisors, not advised. But the emotion involved drives people to spend more than they should, anyways.

Personally I try to beat the trend/ norms- I hold onto my rides and try to counter the constant outlay (AKA - payments) while having always-reliable transport for my family members. Tricky.

Which takes me back to: EVs. They’re young. Can’t say I trust them yet with my treasure (by that I mean my loved ones).
It’s why I started this thread to begin with. I’m always on the lookout for articles about safety.
Appreciate 3
Cos270608.50
KRS_SN13623.50