Moozin
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebug85 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moozin View Post
Good Progress, car looks great. I am in between minds trying to choose the lowering springs - usual options are Eibachs and H&R - companies like Motech are preferring the Eibach option so i am struggling to justify the price tag of MSS suspension + fitting totalling to around £950. I have adaptive suspension already so wondering I might still have the ride comfort if i just get Eibachs. What's your take on it ?

Backbox mod from where ? I have mine done from Paul pcwexhaustmods - I am very pleased with it but looking to at custom exhaust options as well to achieve quad-exhaust remus style look.
Thank you mate

I've looked at Eibach's for the G30 and have seen videos and pictures of the cars Motech have done. To me, they still sit that little bit high for my liking. I agree the MSS are quite pricey compared to others, but I like that they can be adjusted to what you want them to be, height wise. I'm booked in at Evolve next month to get them done.

Backbox mod - as you mentioned, I will also be going to Paul at PCW to get it done. Booked in at the end of January 2021. He has a long waiting list!

Does your car have an OPF/PPF fitted?

I'm currently also looking at a tune for it and narrowed it down to DMS or NV Motorsport.

DMS:

450bhp and nearly 440lb.ft of torque. This will include the updates to the gearbox, and recalibrating your sports dials.

This price includes fine-tuning on one of our 4WD dynos and our full aftersales software support package, this is three years of unlimited callouts to either reinstall the software if it is overwritten during a software update from the main dealer, also if it is going in for any warranty work where the car will be test driven we will revert the car to standard to ensure the obvious power increases do not provoke any questioning from the warranty manager. These callouts are unlimited, free of charge, and we will come to any location required.

NVM:

Original BHP 340
Tuned BHP 440
Original Torque (Nm) 450
Tuned Torque (Nm) 600

NVM Package includes:
Custom tuning on the dyno
Charge pipe fitted
Panel filter fitted
Decat downpipe fitted

I'm leaning more towards the DMS option as the 3 year aftersales support package sounds decent. But the NVM option sounds good too, replacing standard parts (Charge Pipe) with upgraded ones. I've heard very good things about both companies and they give you confidence that they know what they are talking about and on what they doing.
I spok to NVM as well but in the end went down the BM3 route as the platform allows me to make changes myself so i can put the car back to stock within minutes and play around with exhaust burble settings etc.

For our engine, a Decat / Sports-cat downpipe and tune is required only to get upto around 450HP and i am in the process of speaking to couple of exhaust shops for a custom Sports Downpipe and as i have BM3 already so will be able to go stage 2 straight away. Air intake can be helpfull as well if we get something like Eventuri but quite expensive, may be have a chat with Evolve when you are there to discuss it.

Still, Custom tuning is better but aftertune service is great but it's the hassle of contacting the company and aligning availabilities/schedules etc which puts me off a bit. BM3/MHD/MG Flasher platforms are great with massive following and support so for the level we are trying to achieve i.e., Stage2 with a DP only i think the platform offers a great value for service and freedom. I chose BM3 as managed to get the license from Paul @ PCWExhaust and due to upcoming map switiching features plus great community support ( Not much between BM3/MHD/MG Flasher).

Springs wise well Most of the feedback has been positive about H&Rs, i know what you mean about MSS but with the price difference i am willing to take a gamble with H&Rs considering i have adaptive suspension already. Please provide your valuable feedback about MSS system. In the mean time i will update about H&Rs and spend the money saved towards some other mods i.e., Driving Assistant plus retrofir :-)

Ah and No i do not have OPF/PPF.
Appreciate 1
Junebug851615.00