View Single Post
      11-06-2020, 02:58 PM   #33
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive - M Sport Plus

Exhaust Tips:

I have a big disliking to chrome on cars and it was only a matter of time before the exhaust tips on the car needed to be replaced with Black or Dark Chrome ones. Looking at OEM dark chrome replacement tips for the G30, they are very hard to come by as they are only available for the Sport model which we don't get in the UK. I found some part numbers online and found that they worked out to £102 each. I almost made the plunge but then spoke to a mate who had used Foliatec Exhaust Spray on his X5.

It cost £31 delivered. The product contains primer and hardener included. I sprayed the tips with 6 coats each and then left for 7 days to harden as per the instructions.

https://www.foliatec.com/shop/en/lac...-glossy-250-ml

I'm very pleased with the results and it looks good with the black gloss diffuser. The bottom piece of the diffuser will go on once I've had the backbox modified by PCW. to finish the back end off, I'm looking to get a gloss black M Performance Pro Style spoiler and also thinking of a light smoke tint to the tail lights to give it that "shadow" look.

Few pictures below (the one showing the underneath angle - they are water droplets from the exhaust not paint droplets!)
Attached Images

G30 540i xDrive / BM3 Stage 2+ / Remus Exhaust / MSS Springs / MPS4S / 20" BBS CI-R / Eibach Spacers / xHP Stg 3 / MST Intake / Lots of Gloss Black
Appreciate 2
daxbox56.00
RogueAI104.00