View Single Post
      04-15-2016, 02:02 PM   #7
FastHackem
Rep
Drives: E60 ///M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okbye2 View Post
Why is it that it works fine all day?
I looked up online and other ideas are a/c relay, pressure sensor, refrigerant control valve.
Thoughts?
It could be a few things which is why we need to verify functionality of compressor clutch.

1. The warmth of the engine may lead to enough metal expansion that the compressor clutch gap between the clutch surface and the coil is decreased enough to where the coil can actually close it and compress the gas.

2. The amount of driving on your trips throughout the day is enough to keep the battery voltage up as to have functionality until it sits overnight when the battery then drains enough for the system to detect and hold off on utilizing the compressor until battery voltage is again nominal via the alternator charge.

3. It could very well be the relay and if it is, will not allow the clutch to engage either. This would be the next thing to check after verifying the clutch is not closing. You can do this by putting a voltmeter on the connector at the compressor to see if its getting 12V. If not, swap the relay with an equal non-critical relay, such as the horn, that you know works, and test voltage again.

4. Pressure sensor - doubtful this is the problem but can be checked in INPA to assure minimum values are met. If its bad, it will probably show an extremely low number or a negative value. If its bad, you probably won't have a/c any time you use your car, not just the morning.
1983 944 (Garage King & First Ride)
Appreciate 1