View Single Post
      04-24-2019, 10:29 PM   #13
minky27
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tisdrew View Post
Thanks for the log. Perhaps a minor thing, the log name says stage 1+ but also e50. This is just checking basics, you're running the ethanol map when filled with e50, right? I don't mean this as an affront.

HPFP appears to be crashing @ 10psi/2700rpm leaving the fuel rail empty. Bank 1 goes lean and bank 2 is pegged while rich (stft2: -33) -- perhaps a leaky injector. My gut tells me it's HPFP because the issue is only present when running e50 and older/worn units are known to struggle with the volume and present the low rail pressure we're seeing.

It's unusual that bank 1 is the lean one as it's fed first -- potentially something simple but check that your o2 sensors aren't mixed up (bank 2 plugged into bank 1).

The discrepancy between AFRs on bank 1 and 2 make me think it is not a HPFP issue but if that hasn't been replaced recently and the o2 sensors/wiring are all good then HPFP could be the culprit. LPFP looks like a champ now.

Is there a reason you never matted the accelerator pedal? It shows max 51% -- fwiw throttle up @ 81.

-With MHD V8 Beta Maps, every stage has its own E30 and E50 mix, i.e. Stage 1 E50 mix and Stage 1+ E50 mix. And yes I'm running the Stage 1+ E50 mix.

-I think if I remember correctly even with just the Pump 91 tune, every time I let go of the accelerator, bank 2 will stay rich for a sec or two while bank 1 is already going lean because of fuel cut off (deceleration). Thought this was normal, not sure.

-As far as o2 sensors, I'm still catted so I haven't even touched the exhaust portion of the car so I'm sure they're in the right position. Bought the car from an old lady who barely used it, 2010 with 54000 miles so far.

-HPFP is still stock.

-Reason I never floored is because as soon I do it, the car shakes and the check engine light comes on - 29D1 (Combustion Misfires - Cylinder #5)

If I do it about halfway, it wont trigger the misfire all the way to redline.

-I swap the injectors today and also tried a different OST map, Stage 2 - E50 mix map. With this map I can floor it from 2500rpm - 3rd gear and it wont activate the 29D1 until around 3500-4000RPM. Passed those RPM, I still get the cylinder 5 misfire. With the injectors swapped, I think we can deduce that the injector is not the culprit?
Appreciate 0