03-27-2024, 04:11 PM   #9
tjbuggy2b
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbuggy2b View Post
I just ordered these. Pretty pricey for what they are, and considering they're coming from China. Also means I won't see them for several weeks. However, they are the only ones I've seen that may properly achieve the continuation of esthetic from the side skirts.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/256132584394
Just mocked these up on the car. Two things...

1: They don't really fit. There is a like 1/2" gap on the back edge of the winglet, when held in place. If you were ok with it, you could probably use the supplied screws to make pull the bottom of the bumper cover down to meet the winglet. I don't really want to do that because I don't know if that will put a wierd warp in the bumper cover.

2: I don't really like the look of the front edge, the sort square off bit. It sticks out too far compared to the side skirts, like way too far. It creates a weird visual that isn't cohesive between the side skirts and the winglets.

I've requested a return on eBay, and am on the hunt for something else. Having nothing back there is better than what it looked like with the winglets.

Oh, and also, they aren't full carbon fiber. They are carbon fiber overlaid on PVC.
Appreciate 1