View Single Post
      12-05-2017, 07:58 AM   #3
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

I'm not sure exactly how you were planning to proceed, but I don't think you can ask BMW to literally make a non-metallic color metallic. I suspect that each metallic color is mixed with different types of metal particles tailored specifically to the exact shade and possibly depending on what specific types of pigments are used to formulate it. In other words it would probably require some development to come up with a metallic version of LSB. That said, for the right amount of money, it might be possible.

It seems to me, though, what might make more sense would be to find a existing metallic medium blue with a mild greenish tint similar to LSB. Have you looked at Atlantis Blue or Long Beach Blue for example? Those may be similar to the look you are after. If not, there are other blues out there, including from any manufacturer, that could perhaps satisfy your tastes.

Also, any color will change in different lighting since, by definition, color is determined by what the eye sees when light bounces off a surface. Different light produces different results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmQuattro View Post
yeah, its called YMB
YMB is really a very light baby blue. Side-by-side, it does not look much like LSB. It is both too light and missing the slight green slant that LSB has.
Appreciate 0