Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
I wish this list was longer. We have to save the manual. It’s up to all of us.
Uhhh, no it's not.

#Emissions
#PlatformShareMuch
#ThreePercenter
#MyKidCantDriveAStickBecauseMyKidCantDriveAtAll
#UseYourPaddles

Besides: Wanna be slower? Drive a manual. That's just reality these days. About the only thing a manual's good for these days is drifting.
Hah, I actually thought about this. This topic is so similar to the Subaru one that I figured I'd just tie my hatred of autos and awd together. My mom can drive a GTR fast. I'd assume the delta between an automatic, awd sports car between a pro driver and a rank novice is much smaller than comparing a manual two wheel drive car.

I'm no pro, not even close. I have a few laps of the N'Ring and a few stateside tracks, but that's about it. But for those moments that I get it all right through a canyon road, it's a lot more rewarding to know that I actually had something to do with it than a bunch of computers. Even more fun to know that the diff not exploding or the suspension not shooting out the top of the mounts was because I didn't jack up the maintenance either.

Maybe it's that I'm comfortable wrenching on manuals and one driven end and not autos and awd setups, but I'm okay with that. Still plenty of choices out there, and I don't see those choices really diminishing over the coming years.

Although emergency braking and a manual does provide some interesting fun.
Appreciate 1
Viffermike1753.00