Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face Pony Soldier View Post
Stay at home orders and everything being closed sure takes the wind out of the argument for owning an EV when you can't charge at home. I guess these people would have to just sit in their car at the charger? It's not like you're going for a bite or walking around a mall while your EV charges.
You can get an 80% charge in 20-30 min at a DC fast charger. There are charging station not far from me at a Walmart, which are still open because they sell groceries. You could charge your car in the time it takes to get eggs and milk.

Considering no one is driving that much, a full charge could last weeks for people who can't charge at home. Additionally, there are many people who don't even own cars ie Manhattan residents. So having an EV isn't the most inconvenient thing.

I wondered though, through this pandemic, which would I rather have, ICE or EV? What if the trucks stop running heaven forbid, and the gas stops getting delivered? At least I could still charge if the electricity is still on. On the other hand, what if the electricity is off? At least most gas stations have a generator for emergencies. In the end though the best scenario would be to be prepared for both. I have the luxury of choice since I have both an EV and several ICE cars.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0