06-06-2020, 03:59 PM   #16
530iDriver
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchJR View Post
I had the exact opposite reaction driving a basic 330i rental for a long road trip. Sure my 540i is quieter on the highway and the massaging Napa leather seats are in a different league, but around town the 3-series reminded me of why I first started driving BMWs. It is just so much more fun to dart through in traffic or toss around on twisty roads. I guess after having such a luxurious car with all of its ridiculous features, I feel like I checked that wish off my list and want to go back to driving a car that brings me joy. This might also be the product of a midlife crisis or a COVID-19 recession era mindset that makes me question the value of certain luxuries.
I find the G20 seats to be horrendously hard and uncomfortable.

The G20 is not that much smaller in comparison to the G30. To me the 5 Series trounces the G20 in the interior quality and amenities.

It all comes down to what you want. If you want a fun to drive car to dart in and out of traffic and drive insane, my money is on a MNI Cooper Clubman S F55. That drives far more entertaining that a G20 330i.

I had an E90 2011 before my G30 and was a very good but bit harsh and not very comfortable daily driving 3 series. The steering was ridiculously hard and heavy and the standard suspension, which was pretty firm to be honest, tended to be crashy over less than perfect pavement. Still was a very entertaining vehicle in many other ways.

As I get older, prefer the comfort, amenities and relaxed driving nature of the G30.

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 0